Friday 6 May 2011

I'm not too sure that home is a place you can get to by train...

It's so odd, while I am here in Ireland, whenever I've talked about Canada I've said 'Well at home...' but while I'm in Canada and I talk about Ireland, I still say 'Well at home...'. I guess parts of both countries make me feel like they are 'home'. The culture, the small-town and the years I lived in Ireland will always make it a place where I feel comfortable and at peace but on the other-hand, my house, friends, family and church are all in Canada. I guess, physically Canada is my home and emotionally, it's Ireland.
But, even in both of these places, there is always some form of conflict, some new drama, whether it be me, or a friend and that makes something about them feel weird to me.
I guess the only place I can truly feel at home, truly feel loved, truly feel that I have everything I need in the world is with God. And His home is where I feel emotionally right, spiritually okay and one day physically 'home'. So as the title of this, from Jon Foreman's 'Southbound Train' says 'I'm not sure home is a place you can get to by train'. It's a place where I can be 100% myself, be real and genuine all the time and never feel any uneasiness while being there. I think this is a place that I drift in and out of lots, but when I am there, nothing is impossible. I believe this trip will help me realize more and more that the only 'home' I really need to stay in forever, is His.
On another note, I dyed my hair blonde today, new hair to match my new beginning ! (Mom, if you're reading this I swear it looks great, I'll send you a picture soon!) 2 weeks left here...but NOT counting. Ciao !

No comments:

Post a Comment