Tuesday 24 May 2011

Change of Heart

Today was a really great day. I've been coming to a new realization about myself, about my relationships with people and God and about some really great life choices/opportunities that I now can see in front of me. The last few weeks I have come to the understanding that there is SO much more God wants to do with me, I was MADE for more. After listening to some fantastic sermons by Steven Furtick on relationships, I've also began to comprehend how relationships are supposed to work and the kind of relationships (especially romantic relationships) are meant to be, how God envisioned them. The main points that really drove into my soul were :
1. You can be completely in love with someone even if you are completely incompatible. This meaning, you can feel 100% infatuated with a person, even 'in love' but you can still disagree on the core values of your soul which would make your compatibility a lot lower. It's hard to see past the 'love' and begin to understand all the things that make you the wrong fit for someone but I've really started to see that in the last couple of days.
2. If a woman has to pursue a man, it's wrong ! There are so many times when I think back to my past relationships in which I have pursued the guy and it has not worked out. In one of the sermons, Steven said that ' as soon as a man stops pursuing his wife, the marriage is over '. I really believe that the man God has set out for me will completely, 100% pursue me, in every way possible, I will not have to do any of the chasing, whatsoever. I don't think that this is something God envisioned, the idea of a woman pursuing a man.
3. I'm SO young ! This point was not made by Steven Furtick but just a realization that has (finally) set in ! There is so many doors that are wide open in front of me right now, I have so many options, so many roads I can take and I'm going to live the dreams I've always had by taking these opportunities that God is setting out for me. Although my whole being has been flipped upside down in the last few months, I am finally, but slowly, beginning to see that this 'flipping', flipped me to my good side ! I am so incredibly excited to see where I go from here, to see where God leads me. I've also been praying about going to New Orleans this summer, I'm getting a really strong sense from God that that is where He wants to lead me next and the doors just keep opening ! I'm still obviously not for sure, still praying, toying it over but I really think it would be an insane summer and a wonderful opportunity if I could spend my summer there. Anyway, just needed to write everything that's been going on somewhere and this seemed like the perfect place ! Night ! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment