Monday 23 May 2011

Different Continent, Different Country...

So, I arrived home from Ireland on Thursday night at around ten p.m. My flight was alright, got delayed in Montreal for a few hours which wasn't too fun ! I don't know why but I was super emotional on the way home, the old lady beside me kept asking me if I was okay ! Anyway, so Friday morning, Jessy and I began our journey to Copperhill, Tennessee for a week-long training camp to teach us how to successfully lead a missions trip. We took our time, stopped at a few fun places ( the original KFC!) and stayed over night in Mason, Ohio. We finally arrived here after getting lost in the Tennessee mountains for an hour at about 6pm (on Saturday). I'm kind of weary and feel slightly uncomfortable right now as the way in which the other people here worship and praise God threw me off guard and I'm still trying to process it. It was very different to what I am used to. Many people were yelling, screaming even, throwing their hands in the air, moving every part of their body in the way that they worshipped. I felt like I wasn't even participating in the service and that Jessy and I ( and a couple of other people who came with us from my church) looked like the odd ones out if you were to look around. And, we were in a room of about 200 people ! We then went into a room with people who were there for the same reason as us, to lead trips which felt a little bit more comfortable. We talked about the opportunities available for us with the organization and then separated into small groups to talk about our experience with missions and what not. That part was very chill and felt very easy-going. It was nice to get to know people on a more personal basis as opposed to sitting with the one person I know at a table in the midst of 200 other people ! One thing i do NOT like is the amount of bugs here ! Yuck ! There is so many bugs, I think they are flying cockroaches and I'm very nervous to go to bed tonight ! Anyway, I suppose this is the beginning of another new adventure, we'll see where it takes me !

No comments:

Post a Comment